In the Surat Basin area, four committees (Regional, Southern, Central and Northern Gas Fields Community Consultative Committees) amalgamated in 2015 to form two committees that better represented the region in line with QGC's transition from a focus on major project construction to operations.
First convened in April 2010, our Central Gas Field Community Consultative Committee met to discuss issues and opportunities connected to QGC's work in the central part of the Surat Basin.
The committee represented communities around the larger towns of Chinchilla, Condamine and Kogan, as well as Columboola, Cameby, Drillham South, Nangram, Crossroads and Hopeland.
It met every three months and was chaired by an independent facilitator. QGC provided a secretariat role, issuing minutes and reporting back on action points raised.
- Bill Blake, Chinchilla Community Commerce and Industry
- Don Bell, Chinchilla and District Landcare
- Doreen Goldsmid, Chinchilla Family Support Centre
- Leanne Evans, Chinchilla Community Unity Group
- Tim Reid, Condamine Cods
- Terri Cobb, Western Downs Regional Council
- Jackie Beck, Chinchilla State High School
- Kristelle Townsend, Social Performance Coordinator
- 3 December 2014
- 10 September 2014
- 11 June 2014
- 5 March 2014
- 11 December 2013
- 11 September 2013
- 19 June 2013
- 6 March 2013
- 21 November 2012
- 29 August 2012
- 23 May 2012
- 22 February 2012
- 9 November 2011
- 24 August 2011
- 25 May 2011
- 24 February 2011
- 8 December 2010
- 28 July 2010
- 4 June 2010
- 6 April 2010