By Shell on Jun. 22, 2021
He’s also competed in Europe, including the Formula 1 in 2004 and the Formula Renault 2.0 and British Formula 3 in 2005-2006.
Of course, it’s in his blood. Davison’s grandfather, Lex, won the Australian Grand Prix four times, his father took out the 1980 Australian Formula 2 Championship and his brother, Alex, won the 2004 Australian Carrera Cup and also competes in Supercars.
After a slow 2020, this year has seen Davison return to the Queensland-based Dick Johnson Racing team. So far, he’s had no trouble getting up to speed, scoring his first podium for the Shell V-Power Racing Team in Race One.
We caught up with Will Davison for a quick chat and asked him one thing we’ve been dying to know, “What do you keep in your glovebox?” Here’s what he said:
- “Phone charger – can’t leave home without it.”
- “Jelly Beans – I am obsessed with jelly beans. You never know when you might need a quick sugar snack.”
- “Lip balm, tissues, garage remote, ear pods, pen – the essential items.”
- “Loose change – for those pesky parking machines.”
- “Shell fuel card – of course this is the most important item, and I only fill up with Shell V-Power!”
- “Spare sunglasses – shameless plug for Oakley, one of our team sponsors.”
- “Mints – for minty fresh breath on the run.”