About the program
The Emerging Exporters Program has been developed in direct response to community feedback, that supporting local businesses to have a strong and diverse economy is important to the Western Downs.
For many agribusinesses, building domestic market capability is the pathway to export readiness. More agribusinesses with new markets will help strengthen the regional economy, a key objective of the Shell Investment Strategy for Shell’s QGC business.
We are working with Food Leaders Australia to deliver the program over three years, which aims to provide local producers with opportunities to tap into international markets.
We do this by helping them to identify unique opportunities for their products, find new export markets and secure global trade opportunities through workshops and business coaching and tailored trade missions, with our two main objectives being:
- Increase growth and diversify the economy of the local community
- Local agri-businesses exporting to international markets
How the program is delivered
The program is delivered by Food Leaders Australia. There are three ways this happens:
- Building the capability of local producers through information sessions with Export Australia
- Mentoring and coaching by export-ready facilitators – connecting international markets to local producers
- Supporting participants to attend the international trade delegation