QGC Pathways is a hallmark apprenticeship and traineeship program for the Western Downs region creating opportunities for local residents to establish a career within the natural gas industry whilst gaining a nationally accredited qualification.
QGC has partnered with specialist apprentice employers MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees who have over 30 years’ managing and mentoring apprentices and trainees across Australia.
Through the QGC Pathways program each apprentice and trainee receives:
- Experience in a world class organisation with first class facilities;
- On-the-job training and support from highly skilled and experienced technicians at Shell QGC;
- Round the clock support from a dedicated apprentice/trainee mentor;
- Access to obtain a yearly MIGAS Scholarship to fund further skill development;
- A structured training program through TAFE;
- A solid foundation to build a successful career in the Western Down region;
In 2018, the intake will recruit 12 apprenticeship and traineeship positions to commence in 2019 in the following trades:
- Electrical Instrumentation and Control Apprenticeship (Duel Trade)
- Mechanical Fitting Apprenticeship
- Process Plant Operations Traineeship
- Wellsite Operations Traineeship
- Warehousing Traineeship
The program aims to develop the best tradespeople in the region. Each participant is highly supported to become technically sound, self-motivated, highly skilled and knowledgeable in their trade. During the program each apprentice and trainee receives their own individual mentor to help guide them through the complexities of a workplace and intensive learning program.
Applications for the 2019 intake will open 13 August and close 7 September 2018. If you want to find out more about the QGC Pathways program or attend a local information session in Miles, Tara, Chinchilla or Dalby visit: www.migas.com.au/qgcpathways
Each year, the positions offered vary based on the operational requirements at the time.
Applications are open mid-year and the new positions commence in January.
For more information about the current or upcoming intake contact MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees on: 07 3868 1815
Indigenous Workstars has been engaged by QGC to help support and prepare local Indigenous and Traditional Owner candidates to apply for the ‘QGC Pathways’ program, as well as to prepare participants for employment opportunities with QGC contractors and in the open economy.
Indigenous Workstars specialises in the placement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people into meaningful employment across an array of industries and communities throughout Australia. They provide recruitment and employment services, including job readiness and mentoring support, and have an extensive database of Indigenous jobseekers.
Indigenous Workstars has assisted over 1,200 Indigenous Australians into meaningful employment since 2011.
For further information or to register for the workshops, contact Indigenous Workstars
07 5334 9911.