Shell & Supercars Follow Up
Terms and Conditions related to the fuel discount offer made to all entrants in Supercars promotions presented by Shell V-Power. Terms relate to use of offer and its validity.
Viva Energy Australia Pty Ltd ABN 46 004 610 459, Level 16, 720 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC 3008, Australia. Ph: (03) 8823 4444
Start date: 15/04/2019 at 00:01 am AEST
End date: 04/12/2019 at 11:59 pm AEST
The Discount Offer is only open to Australian residents aged 16 years or over who are registered members of the Viva Energy promotional database or have entered a Shell branded promotion via supercars.com.au by completing all mandatory fields including registration for the Promoter's promotional materials by the following ‘offer dates’: 15 April 2019, 6 May 2019 and 27 May 2019 and any other further date determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion and publicized ("Registered Member"). If a participant cancels their membership or ceases to become a Registered Member for any reason during the Promotional Period, their prior membership will not entitle them to be eligible to receive or redeem the Discount Offer on the offer dates. Details on How to Claim & Redeem a Discount Offer are set out below.
Registered Members under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to redeem the discount offer.
How to Claim & Discount Offer Details:
Registered Members will receive an email with a single Discount Offer (“discount email”):
- on Monday 15th April 2019 or if they were not a Registered Member on that date, but are on 6 May 2019, then;
- on 6 May 2019 or if they were not a Registered Member on that date, but are on 6 May 2019, then;
- 27 May 2019; or if they were not a Registered Member on that date, but are on any subsequently publicized date, as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion;
- on then on the subsequently publicized date.
The single Discount Offer must be redeemed within ten (10) days of the issue of the discount email and is valid up to 11:59pm on the tenth (10th) day after the recipient has received the discount email. If the recipient does not take up the discount offer by loading the barcode redemption page a follow up email with the same discount offer will be sent seven (7) days after the recipient has received the discount email.
To redeem a Discount Offer, the Registered Member must, during the relevant Redemption Period:
(a) visit any participating Shell or Shell Coles Express service station within Australia and while in-store activate the discount on their mobile phone or tablet by selecting the required button in the Discount Offer email they received; and
(b) they will have seven (7) minutes from activating the Discount Offer to redeem. By activating the Discount Offer they will be taken to a webpage with a barcode which must be scanned by the Registered Member using the customer facing barcode reading device in Shell and Shell Coles Express at the time of fuel purchase, and the relevant Discount Offer will automatically be applied to the purchase. PLEASE NOTE: The Discount Offer must be redeemed within seven (7) minutes of activation for security purposes. This requirement is based on the counter-fraud technology used by the Promoter to prevent multiple use of the Discount Offer barcodes once activated.
PARTICIPATING SERVICE STATIONS: Please note that Discount Offers cannot be redeemed at unmanned Shell service stations and some dealer service stations. For a full list of participating Shell and Shell Coles Express service stations please click here: https://www.shell.com.au/motorists/fuel-finder.html.
All valid Discount Offers received within the relevant Redemption Period will be honoured by the Promoter, subject to individual retailers reserving the right to refuse processing a Discount Offer on the basis of irresponsible mobile use on the forecourt. A Discount Offer may not be redeemable if the Registered Member does not possess an internet connection on their chosen device. Recommended device for redemption is smartphone. The Promoter reserves the right to share captured data from the campaign with its third-party suppliers (e.g. location at which a Discount Offer was redeemed), in accordance with paragraph 9 below.
The Discount Offer will be a 5cents per litre fuel discount at any participating Shell and Shell Coles Express service station Australia-wide. The Discount Offer is redeemable on all fuels excluding LPG at participating Shell and Shell Coles Express and can only be combined with Coles shopper docket petrol discount receipts at Coles Express. Each Discount Offer is valid for one transaction only. Limit of 150 litres per vehicle per customer per Discount Offer. Discount Offers are not valid for Fleet Card, Shell Card, Motorpass or Motorcharge transactions. This offer may not be stacked with other Viva Energy promotions; including but not limited to Shell V-Power Racing Team “We win, You win” discount via the Shell V-Power Racing Team, Geelong Cats “We win, You win” promotion and Shell Loyalty promotions redeemable at specific Shell service stations.
Discount Offers are not exchangeable or transferable or redeemable for cash. All other costs associated with accessing and redeeming a Discount Offer are the responsibility of the Registered Member.
- The Registered Member agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions and that registration for this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions. Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions have the meaning given in these Conditions, unless stated otherwise.
- The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Discount Offer redemption claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or activation by the claimant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Valid and eligible Discount Offer claims will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an eligible Registered Member or their status as a Registered Member, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine their identity and status.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Claim restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected Discount Offer codes, or suspend or modify a Discount Offer in this Promotion. The Registered Member is responsible for ensuring that: (a) the email address and other details provided and registered with the Promoter is correct and up to date; (b) the Registered Member opens the Discount Offer coupon email; (c) the Registered Member only uses his or her tablet or mobile device safely in-store and correctly redeems the applicable Discount Offer (if any); and (d) the Registered Member is able to read and open the Discount Offer email and subsequent related emails (including the webpage containing the Discount Offer barcode) at the time the Registered Member wishes to access the Discount Offer during the relevant Redemption Period. The Registered Member acknowledges that no wi-fi or internet or mobile data access will be provided at the service station and that the Promoter makes no representation or claim in relation to any of the Registered Member's responsibilities set out in this clause and that the Registered Member's responsibilities are outside of the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of Discount Offer redemption claims and Registered Member's details (including a Registered Member's identity, age, place of residence and registration status). In the event that a Registered Member cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their Discount Offer redemption claim, the Registered Member will forfeit the applicable Discount Offer in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible Discount Offer redemption claims, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to claim a Discount Offer. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected Discount Offer emails or barcodes. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the Discount Offer redemption mechanism and does not warrant that the redemption mechanism will be available at all times. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically and / or repeatedly claim a Discount Offer or register for this Promotion is prohibited and may render all Discount Offer redemption claims submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify Discount Offer redemption claims in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each claimant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Registered Members' personal information will be collected by the Promoter and will be stored in the Promoter's database to include Registered Members in the Promotion and provide Discount Offers where applicable. The Promoter may use this information for:
- its own future marketing purposes regarding its products / services, including contacting the Registered Member electronically;
- conducting the Promotion;
- contacting the Registered Member in relation to the Promotion;
- improving the Promoter or its related entities' goods and services; and
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any Discount Offer, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the Registered Member must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to each Discount Offer.
- All costs associated or arising in connection with participating in the Promotion and the Discount Offers are the responsibility of the Registered Members. Any costs associated with accessing the internet are the Registered Member's responsibility, and depend on the internet service provider used.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunctions or problems with internet or network congestion, including injury or damage to a Registered Member or any other person’s device related to participation in this Promotion and problems with transmission of registrations and / or Discount Offer coupon emails or barcodes over the internet, acts in violation of these terms and conditions, acts in a disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
- If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Registered Member; or (b) subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion or a particular Discount Offer, as appropriate.