By Shell on May 17, 2022
Shell Card GO is a new and exciting mobile phone app that allows authorised Shell Card holders to pay for fuel at the pump instead of in-store, providing the speed and convenience of contactless payment. Here, we speak to project manager Anne Coutts about some of the benefits, and how to get started.
1. Why has the Shell Card GO app come about?
According to valued feedback, our customers were looking for ways to pay for their fuel via an app. According to valed feedback, our customers were looking for ways to pay for their fuel via an app. The onset of Covid really fast tracked this getting out to market.
2. What’s the advantage of paying for fuel using the Shell Card GO app?
It is so easy and fast! Shell Card GO allows authorised Shell Card holders to pay for fuel at the pump instead of in-store, providing the speed and convenience of contactless payment. Mobile payments get you back on the road faster – no more going in store and lining up to pay.
3. Can multiple Shell Cards be loaded onto the Shell Card GO app?
Yes, provided they are under the same account. A user can add up to ten cards per account onto the app. If the Shell Cards are from several different companies, the user will need to register separate accounts on Shell Card GO and add the cards accordingly.
There are two ways to load cards: -
- A user can add Shell Card(s) via Payment Methods in the Mobile App Settings. An email is sent to the Fleet Manager to approve the request(s), and the Shell Card will remain as a Pending Payment Method until approved.
- Alternatively, the Fleet Manager will manage the user’s Shell Card account, and assign Digital Cards to the user’s Shell Card GO app (via the Shell Card Portal).
4. What’s another great feature of the app?
There are so many. Customers can use the in-built Station Locator for directions to the nearest service station that accepts Shell Card. Users can also monitor all the transactions made on the app.
5. Can the GO app be used at service stations other than Shell Coles Express?
Yes, the Shell Card GO mobile app can be used at any site that displays the Mobile Pay icon on the Station Locator map. More sites will be added as they become Mobile Pay. As of today we have more than 800 sites accepting the Shell Card GO Mobile App. There is a small difference that customers need to be aware of, though. At Shell Coles Express sites the app must be used AFTER refuelling. Non-Shell Coles Express sites use a different system that requires drivers to use the app BEFORE filling up.
6. When can customers start using the app?
They can start using the Mobile App now! Shell Card users can download the app for free at the Google Play Store or the App Store. After registering, the final step is to add Shell Cards(s) as described above. Even if someone is not a Shell Card customer, they can still download the app and use the Station Locator service.