The Pipeline Community Consultative Committee was the key forum for identifying issues and opportunities for those directly or indirectly affected by the construction of the 540km QGC export pipeline network. First convened in December 2010, the committee met every three months, rotating between the towns of Biloela and Monto.
The Pipeline Community Consultative Committee members mutually agreed to dissolve the committee on 6 December 2013, in accordance with the Terms of Reference for the group.
Members agreed that the ongoing operation of the QGC pipeline would pose minimal impact to communities and that following the completion of the pipeline a dedicated community/company consultative committee was no longer required.
The committee included representatives of people living in the Banana Shire Council and North Burnett Regional Council, including towns such as Cracow, Taroom, Theodore, Thangool, Biloela, Eidsvold and Monto.
During construction thirteen committee meetings were held generating 74 actions that were implemented in support of the committee's agreed priorities:
- Opportunities for community economic development and investment
- Youth up-skilling
- Community sustainability
- Sponsorship of public events
- Road safety for children
- Clear, timely communication between QGC and the pipeline communities.
QGC thanks the following community consultative committee members for their three years of dedication and participation in the committee. The local knowledge, expertise and commitment of the committee members assisted QGC to effectively mitigate impacts from its activities in the Pipeline community areas and to understand community priorities and accordingly invest in local sustainable development priorities.
Community members living in the Pipeline area can contact QGC's Community Information Line with any queries or concerns on 1800 030 443 or xxxxx
- Neville Galloway, AgForce South East
- Deborah Vonhoff, Anglicare Central Queensland
- Cr Warren Middleton - Banana Shire Council
- Ray Geraghty, Banana Shire Council
- Rosemary Munroe, Banana Shire Support Centre
- Glenda Vassey, GAGAL Biloela
- Dianne Morris, Enterprise Biloela Association Inc
- Melinda Priest, Monto Community Development Council Inc
- Glen Baker, North Burnett Landcare Group
- Cr Paul Francis, North Burnett Regional Council
- Andrew Jackson, North Burnett Regional Council
- Phillip Casey, Thangool Inc
- Maree Johnston, Thangool State School P & C
- Adam Clark, Wildlife Preservation Society of Queensland, Upper Dawson
- Norman Ingram, QGC Project Director Pipelines
- Corinne Kennedy, QGC Land & Community Manager Pipelines
- Deirdre Fagan-Pagliano, QGC Land & Community Liaison Officer