In Australia, we maintain relationships with Aboriginal communities in the Kimberley, Broome Djarindjin, Perth, Darwin & Melbourne.
Shell Australia has been part of Reconciliation Australia's Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) program since 2011.
Shell Australia acknowledges that:
In Australia, Shell must be responsive to evolving community expectations about the way we engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples where our activities impact their way of life, traditions, culture and values.
Our commitment in the RAP2 revised is grouped under the Reconciliation Australia headings of Respect, Relationships and Opportunities. It is defined by a set of measurable goals to be achieved by the end of 2015.
Key targets include:
- Increase Indigenous representation on RAP Steering Committee, Professor Colleen Hayward
- Focus, as part of our social investment portfolio, on projects designed to invest in the potential of Indigenous Australians.
- Make our Aboriginal Torres Strait Commitment available to staff and demonstrate how RAP enables us to meet our commitments
- Acknowledge the important of our RAP Champions network as reconciliation leaders within Shell.
- Cultural awareness training offered to & strongly encouraged for all staff, with tailored training
- Following Shell’s cultural protocol
- Strategy developed and implemented, including summer 2013/14 intern program.