Main content | back to top
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40
Formulated to offer Shell's maximum engine clean up, improved fuel economy and cold starting.
- Shell’s ultimate Active Cleansing Technology - up to five times more effective at removing sludge from dirty engines than a mineral oil
- Longer protection thanks to enhanced oxidisation resistance
- Minimises vibration and engine noise.
Cleans and Protects for maximum performance
Shell Helix Ultra motor oil delivers Shell’s ultimate cleansing power, helping engines achieve maximum performance and protection, while maintaining fuel economy. The oil in a clean engine can flow quickly to where it is needed, ensuring the engine is better protected.
The outstanding cleansing ability and shear and oxidation stability of Shell Helix Ultra means that it goes on delivering its benefits throughout the oil-change interval.
Shell Helix Ultra is specifically formulated for new vehicles, fuel-injection petrol engines that are fitted with catalytic converters and blow-by-gas recirculation. It also meets many vehicle manufacturers’ extended service specifications and has formulations for different fuels, engines and environmental conditions.
Why you should use Shell Helix Ultra:
- It’s five times as effective at removing sludge as mineral oils.
- It offers up to 30% more protection than other synthetic leading brands tested.
- Improved fuel efficiency and easier cold starting.
- Maintains viscosity and stays in grade throughout the oil-change interval.
- Helps reduce oil volatility and therefore oil consumption and the need for top-up.
- See more reasons you should use Shell Helix Ultra - download the Technical Data Sheet for Shell Helix Ultra.
Recommended by Scuderia Ferrari
Shell Helix Oil is the only motor oil Scuderia Ferrari recommends. That’s why Shell Helix is inside not just every Ferrari road car that leaves Maranello, but also every Ferrari Formula One car at every race.
Specifications and approvals
Because lubricants vary in quality performance, universal criteria are used to describe oil performance and usage. Shell Helix motor oils not only meet these increasingly demanding international specifications but usually surpass them. Shell Helix Ultra exceeds these specifications:
- API SN/CF; ACEA A3/B3/B4; VW 502.00 505.00; Mercedes-Benz 229.5; BMW LL-01; Other approvals or registrations Porsche A40; Ferrari; Fiat (meets the requirements of) 9.55535 Z2; Renault RN 0700, RN0710.